Inventor of the CutCut ® device and of the Parrot Clip and test leads (USA Patent 5,457,392, European Patent: 0563234), winner of the Gold Medal at the Eureka World Fair of Inventions in Brussels, Parrot Invent owner and CEO is Radu Filipescu. .
Radu Filipescu ( Wikipedia ) was also dissident and Political Prisoner during the communist dictatorship of Nicolae Ceausescu:
– May 1983- : Arrested and awarded 10 years imprisonment for making the first invention – Leaflets against the communist dictatorship of Nicolae Ceausescu:
– December 1984: Nominated for “Prisoner of the Month” by Amnesty International in a campaign to release political prisoners from Eastern European countries.
– 18 April 1986: Released thanks to the efforts of non-governmental organizations “Amnesty International” , “Ligue pour Droit de l’Homme” , ” Le Pave ” – high school students from Geneva, the radio stations “Free Europe” , “Voice of America” ,, after almost three years of detention in prisons in Rahova, Jilava and Aiud.
– 12 December 1987: Arrested for attempting to organise a referendum on the leadership of Ceausescu. Violently interrogated by the State Security Service for Criminal Investigations. Released on 22 December 1987 due to protests from international human rights organizations.
– Arrested a third time on 22 December 1989 and released later the same day.
Civic and Political Activities:
– Founding member of the Group for Social Dialogue (GDS)
– Founding member of APADOR – CH
– Recipient of the FREEDOM Prize from the Poul Lauritzen Foundation (Denmark)
– Got a “high 5” from President Clinton during his visit to Romania in July 1997.
– Chairman of GDS (1998-2012)
– President of the Association of Revolutionaries Without Privileges (ARFP)
– Graduated the Electronics and Telecommunications Faculty Polytechnic Institute of Bucharest 1974-1979.
– Founder and shareholder of Parrot Invent Srl.(Ltd.)